These are Some interesting facts about Cake,
1. The first cupcakes were so called, in the late 19th century, because they were baked in cups and made from ingredients measured by the cupful.
2. In the Middle Ages, the word cake meant a flat round of bread baked hard on both sides.
3. The anatomical term placenta is the Latin for cake. The placenta was named for its flat shape.
4. The earliest mention of a cup cake was in 1796 in American Cookery by Amelia Simmons.
5. Assumption Abbey in Missouri is the world’s only Trappist monastery that sells fruit cake on the internet (trappistmonks.com).
6. According to an old English superstition, putting a fruit cake under your pillow would make you dream about the person you will marry.